Sunday, November 2, 2008

You know it's bad when...

...the "Mighty Mend-It" infomercial on the TV Guide channel gives you the itch to jump out of a plane. Somehow I don't believe that the little tube of glue being advertised really works well enough to repair parachutes. I'm also betting that the guy who jumped the mended canopy for the commercial mentally went over his emergency procedures a few times on the way up to altitude.

Although my ankle is getting better every day, I have at least another week before I'll be jumping again. This week I have a huge amount going on. I'm working about 40 hours. I also have a 15 page paper due Tuesday, a math test on Wednesday, and a speech to give on Thursday. How many pages have I written so far? How much studying have I done? The answer to both of these questions is a resounding ZERO. I pretty much did this to myself... again... but this week is still going to suck. At least I've gathered all the info I need for the paper and I've kept up on all my math homework.

After this week it might be longer yet before the weather is conducive for skydiving. The forecast predicts clouds, rain, and maybe even a little snow. Spring cannot come soon enough.

No comments: