Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Docking

Jump #21

I made it out to the DZ before 5 tonight and sat around until a little after 6 when the pilot arrived. We went up for the sunset load and I did a coach jump with Kevin for my dive and dock. I apparently didn't wait long enough after he left to get significant separation between us (he was supposed to be 100ft below me), but I did manage to dock with him--just barely. As I got close to him I pushed my right arm down a little bit and started to turn. After we docked, he came in and kissed me. On landing I flared a little late, had too much forward speed to try to stand up, and went with a PLF. For my first kiss pass I now owe a case of beer. Earlier in the evening Kevin also kissed Keith (yes, Keith is a guy). Kevin is all about free beer.

2 comments:

Kate said...

It seems like everything you do makes you owe a case of beer...

Sara said...

Yeah... that's because the drinking is half of the sport in the skydiving community.